Visit Worldwide Topsites

Saturday 29 January 2011

Venus-focusing,atmosphere or collimation problem?




     This morning (6:00 to 7:00 pm 01/29/2011) I shot the planet Venus (the video is above), and I was not too happy with what I thought I would see.I thought the best visibility for observation through a telescope,is on winter or usually in the morning when temperatures are lower.But is not so.
     I think the best visibility without interfering too much atmosphere is eventually by luck.It depends where you are, and I think it depends mostly by the nature, but still,I do not know what to think and how to solve that problem.Venus planet is double, even triple.Is atmosphere to blame? I focused my scope on several times but it was the same. If anyone sees the video above, I want to tell me if you understand what's the problem and help me through a comment,I  would appreciate.
     Snapshots of the video are below.



Photographer: Victor Lupu
Optics: Celestron C8-N telescope, plossl 20mm, 2x Barlow
Mount: C5
Device: Sony HDR CX105
Filter: No
Date: 29/01/2011 at 06:00-07: 00
Location: Baia Mare, Romania
Processing: Sony Vegas 10 Registax, iMerge

Photo: Venus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management