Visit Worldwide Topsites

Monday 6 August 2012

WOW Amazing pictures and real video of Curiosity landing caught by MRO's HiRISE

The Descent of MSL (Curiosity) Captured by HiRISE.

  This picture give me a warm fuzzy feeling up and down my leg.
MRO's HiRISE camera , like an eye in the sky, caught this shot of the parachute and MSL during landing at Mars.
And that is from 340 kilometers of MRO's altitude almost directly overhead Curiosity's flight path.


This is true. You can see this news on HIRISE's website.
Let's think about the level of predictability that NASA have achieved, because they send a spacecraft from Earth, down to a narrow strip on Mars and have a orbiter taking pictures of the  spacecraft
This is absolutely fantastic! Congratulations to NASA!

   Curiosity image showing the rover's shadow, and "Aeolis Mons ("Mount Sharp"), on Mars.
                                First color image sent to Earth by Curiosity rover


Below is the new released NASA's video of Curiosity rover descending to Mars.
The video is composed by 297 color, low-resolution images, in a view of the surface of Mars coming closer.




                    NASA satellite image shows the rover after landing on Mars.

Below, photo of rover Curiosity made ​​by MRO probe.



Related stories: Soon we will learn much more about Mars. Curiosity rover is unstoppable .


Comments for this article on LinkedIn:

Jolanda PreusterinkThanks Lupu, It's really ....absolutely fantastic! It's as if our sences moved to Mars.
You wrote : "Let's think about the level of predictability that NASA have achieved........."
What do we think and expect for the nearby future....and for our kids?


Richard HargraveFantastic! When I see these scenes from Mars I think about being there! If I close my eyes I can almost hear the Martian winds blowing! It's not silent there. Wouldn't it be something to experience? To have eyes on another world is so amazing on its own let alone all the research that's being done! I can't express in words and do enough justice! Well done to all those involved in this great achievment and those from previous missions!

Michael MarstonRichard, how about the winds of Titan?
http://esamultimedia.esa.int/images/huygens_alien_winds_descent.mp3


Richard HargraveThanks Michael, I'll play that later as my PC at work has no sound! Titan is an equally and differently amazing world. May be a little more hostile though! I will await my next life so then I can travel to these worlds. The Universe is pretty amazing. I don't need anything else, just a Telescope and the internet. I will never be bored! I met some Astronauts last year at Starmus. That was too an amazing experience talking to men that have walked on the moon and some amazing scientists. I await eagerly more from Mars and elsewhere!

Richard HargraveThat's an amazing sound clip! Thanks for that. Lost for words!

Michael MarstonRichard - it gave me goosebumps when I first heard it even though, objectively speaking, it just sounds like white-noise... but it's noise from another world!!

Richard HargraveI know, I have played it loads of times now. Does curiosity have sound recording capabilities I wonder?

Jolanda PreusterinkGoodmorning Earth & Mars.
Richard, Good question! I hope so.
How will Mars sound, smell...taste..like hot chili pepper or ....heavy metal?

Michael, thanks a lot for the winds of Titan...what's that pulsing sound?
Can't wait for new info from Curiosity.

Some more upcoming questions.....
1. Do you want to go to Mars? Titan? Europe?
2. What do you take with you if you visit our neighbour planets?
3. I like to go: o Sleeping, hybernating
o Frozen
o Wide awake with a trainingprogram etc.
o .........



Michael MarstonJolanda... the sound track from Titan is very much compressed so it could be machine noise internal tom the lander... as to your questions:

1. Mars
2. lots
3. wide awake with a training programme


Jolanda PreusterinkMichael, faster than light is your answer.

sound: Very possible but still miraculous.
Thanks!

My answers:
1. all 3
2. water and music and .....some more
3. awake.....with periodes of hybernating


Richard HargraveHi
1. I'll give Titan a miss! I think that would be a fatal trip!
2. Chocolate, Southern Fried Chicken, Guitar, Music & a Telescope!
3. Also awake with periods of Hybernation!

I reckon Mars could smell (& taste) like an old car scrap yard. The winds would be quite loud, I get the impression rather like the winds on the planet LV-426 in the movie Aliens!


Jolanda PreusterinkOk, nice so you take the chocolate and sign in for Mars and Europe!
Yes, must be quite loud and dusty.
The crew could make a hybernate plan,
but first I want to be awake when we leave Earth......wake me up before landing!


Michael Marstonfor long distance travel we will probably need a generation-ship as FTL probably won't be possible

Michael Marstonthanks for that Jolanda - interesting article... Robinson's Mars trilogy referenced in the article touches on life ships in the 3rd volume, at a time when the longevity issue had been dealt with

Jolanda PreusterinkHigh premium for life insurance! And we sure need another planet then .....
What other titles you recommend in connection with Mars? Need a long life to read all ...
This will help....http://science.howstuffworks.com/electromagnetic-propulsion.htm
and just some month ago I watch this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXHczjOg06w


Michael MarstonThe Mars trilogy by Robinson is the only book I've come across that deals with Mars qua Mars rather than as a metaphor... but for a simply nice set of stories then read the late Ray Bradbury's "The Silver Locusts" also published as The Martian Chronicles.

Jolanda PreusterinkThanks! Written more than 60 years ago!
Can you remember at what age and how you heard about Mars for the first time?


Michael MarstonI have been into astronomy since I was 11 and was into space travel before then so I would have been 9 or 10 - never lost the interest

Richard HargraveMy first memory was my Dad bring me into the lounge when I was 6 to watch Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin step onto the Moon! I was lucky enough to meet them and others last year! So since I was 6 I caught the bug of Astronomy! Every night after work I look to the skies! It's where I want to be! I too will never tire of this amazing subject! There is enough for everybody! It's free, eco friendly if you use just your eye's and there is an endless supply!

Jolanda PreusterinkAren't we all stick to our early dreams and experiences? So let's involve, draw in the people of the future, your/our kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management